“Let’s admit it: we’re obsessed with winning. Just look around. Everything has become a competition. Our will-to-win is everywhere, and it’s not going anywhere. But what if we gave it something better to do? What if we all decided to compete at a game called kindness?”
In Episode 36 of The Loveable Podcast, we talk about how to take our instinct for competition, which is usually divisive, and turn it on its head so it connects us in increasingly powerful and life-changing ways. This week’s episode is a dare, a dare to do away with all the conflicting and confusing goals you have in your relationships and to replace them all with one goal, one dare, one challenge that can simplify and beautify every relationship you have…
Here are just a few of the takeaways from this week’s episode:
- We can see and hear our lost loved ones on video, but we cannot touch them. Let’s hold them now, while we can.
- Grieving in advance diminishes our regret in hindsight.
- Grief is more often a cycle than a straight line. It returns. That’s normal. No need to resist it.
- Contemplating our mortality doesn’t end with fear of losing this life; it ends with fear of missing it.
- As you practice kindness, you become whole, and you become love.
- Kindness toward others begins with practicing kindness toward oneself.
- Kindness doesn’t mean having no boundaries; it means setting those boundaries with tenderness toward self and others.
- Kindness is the basic instinct of your true self.
You can listen below or on iTunes!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In his debut novel, Kelly weaves a page-turning, plot-twisting tale that explores the spiritual depths of identity and relationships, amidst themes of healing, grace, faith, forgiveness, and freedom.
Connect with Kelly
Dr. Kelly Flanagan is a psychologist, author, consultant, and speaker who enjoys walking with people through the three essentials of a truly satisfying life: worthiness, belonging, and purpose. His blog writings have been featured in Reader’s Digest, The Huffington Post, The 5 Love Languages, and the TODAY Show. Kelly is the author of Loveable and True Companions.