What if pain is an inevitable part of being alive, but suffering is not? And what if you could begin reducing your suffering right now, with a few simple practices? Join us for Episode 4 of The Loveable Podcast, as we read and discuss Week 3 of Loveable’s companion book, which is available nowhere else…
This week’s episodes includes:
- The important distinction between our inward journey and our outward journeys.
- Why it is so important to experience the contrast between mindfulness and clutteredness.
- What to do when a performance mindset interferes with mindfulness practices.
- A new and more useful definition of suffering.
- An exploration of one of the insidious reasons people are reading less and less.
- Resources for creating a to-do list that, paradoxically, creates space for you to just be.
- The reason whatever problems you resist in the present moment become more of a problem.
- Practices for removing digital clutter from your life.
- Ideas for removing obligational clutter from your life.
- A teaser about the next episode entitled, “Self-Acceptance is the Foundation of All Self-Improvement.”
Friends, this conversation will plant good seeds in you that will continue to bear fruit going forward, in the form of increased presence and peace. Check it out. Listen to the episode below, or on iTunes.
[smart_track_player url=”https://media.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/content.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/Loveable004.mp3″ title=”Week 3: Replacing Suffering with Presence” social_gplus=”false” social_linkedin=”true” social_email=”true” tweet_text=”Don’t miss episode 4 of The Loveable Podcast!” hashtag=”LoveableTheBook” twitter_username=”DrKellyFlanagan” ]
In his debut novel, Kelly weaves a page-turning, plot-twisting tale that explores the spiritual depths of identity and relationships, amidst themes of healing, grace, faith, forgiveness, and freedom.
Connect with Kelly
Dr. Kelly Flanagan is a psychologist, author, consultant, and speaker who enjoys walking with people through the three essentials of a truly satisfying life: worthiness, belonging, and purpose. His blog writings have been featured in Reader’s Digest, The Huffington Post, The 5 Love Languages, and the TODAY Show. Kelly is the author of Loveable and True Companions.