“Perfection is overrated. Competition makes us common. The game is over. You are here to be unique. You are here to be you. Enjoy the freedom of that.”
In Episode 14 of The Loveable Podcast, we focus on not just accepting, but embracing, our quirks and flaw and idiosyncracies and wounds and weirdness. When shame tells us that our uniqueness makes us stand out and makes us odd, the voice of grace responds, “Yeah, and you’re beautiful and beloved.”
This week’s episode addresses the following topics:
- Why grace embraces us not in spite of who we are but because of who we are.
- A heartwarming story that illustrates how grace “returns us to ourselves.”
- The role that embracing our imperfections plays in receiving grace.
- How grace can transform any shameful thought with one six-word phrase.
- How hearing the voice of grace restores our sense of playfulness.
- Why hearing the voice of grace is a prerequisite for finding true belonging.
- How failing can help us to embrace our worthiness.
- Why discussing grace in community makes us more aware of the voice of grace within us.
- An exercise to help us overcome the self-rejection of our most unique and valuable parts.
- A teaser about the next episode entitled, “The Life-Changing Difference Between Shame and Guilt.”
You can listen below or on iTunes!
[smart_track_player url=”https://media.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/content.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/Loveable014.mp3″ title=”Week 13: Embracing Your Valuable Flaws” social_linkedin=”true” social_email=”true” tweet_text=”Don’t miss Episode 14 of THE LOVEABLE PODCAST!” hashtag=”LoveableTheBook” twitter_username=”DrKellyFlanagan” ]
In his debut novel, Kelly weaves a page-turning, plot-twisting tale that explores the spiritual depths of identity and relationships, amidst themes of healing, grace, faith, forgiveness, and freedom.
Connect with Kelly
Dr. Kelly Flanagan is a psychologist, author, consultant, and speaker who enjoys walking with people through the three essentials of a truly satisfying life: worthiness, belonging, and purpose. His blog writings have been featured in Reader’s Digest, The Huffington Post, The 5 Love Languages, and the TODAY Show. Kelly is the author of Loveable and True Companions.