“This is the promise of your pain: to relate to it properly, you must learn how to observe it, and as you learn to observe it, you begin, for the first time, to fully inhabit the soul within you that is doing the observing. This week, begin to inhabit your soul once again. Welcome home.”
In Episode 8 of The Loveable Podcast, we begin to talk about how to move through our darkness. And into the light…
This week’s episode includes:
- A summary of the first six weeks of the podcast and a context for what is ahead.
- A reminder and encouragement about the cyclical nature of growth and becoming, as described in Loveable.
- A helpful way to decide whether or not a job is right for you, especially if you are on the fence about it.
- An encouraging reminder that your circles of belonging will likely shrink at first, as you begin to embrace your worthiness.
- Identification of a number of thoughts and phrases that can serve as “red flags” that you are experiencing, and perhaps even being guided by, shame.
- Why a healthy mind and heart begin with a willingness to experience the full range of human experiences and emotions.
- Why it’s impossible to stop your thoughts and what to do about that.
- How the practice of observing your thoughts can make you a more light-hearted person.
- How to embrace the rhythm of observing your thoughts, feeling a sense of peace as a result, and then falling back into old habits of identifying with our thoughts.
- What it means to feel at home in our own soul.
- A teaser about the next episode entitled, “The Small Gate and Narrow Road Back to Your True Self.”
As I mention in this episode, I think the practice discussed here can be a game-changer for most of us, as we seek to embrace our worthiness and discover our truest self. Don’t miss it! You can listen below or on iTunes.
[smart_track_player url=”https://media.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/content.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/Loveable008.mp3″ title=”Week 7: You Are Not Your Thoughts (You Are the Observer of Your Thoughts)” social_linkedin=”true” social_email=”true” tweet_text=”Don’t miss Episode 8 of THE LOVEABLE PODCAST!” hashtag=”LoveableTheBook” twitter_username=”DrKellyFlanagan” ]
In his debut novel, Kelly weaves a page-turning, plot-twisting tale that explores the spiritual depths of identity and relationships, amidst themes of healing, grace, faith, forgiveness, and freedom.
Connect with Kelly
Dr. Kelly Flanagan is a psychologist, author, consultant, and speaker who enjoys walking with people through the three essentials of a truly satisfying life: worthiness, belonging, and purpose. His blog writings have been featured in Reader’s Digest, The Huffington Post, The 5 Love Languages, and the TODAY Show. Kelly is the author of Loveable and True Companions.