“Sometimes, joy is simply undone things finally lived. We need to keep the door of our hearts open, so we can listen to our urges and our wants. Many of them are trying to lead us into joy. Yet, when we’ve been shutting the door on them for so long, it can be hard to break the habit and keep it ajar.”
We all want to find our passion and discover our purpose, yet many of us have difficulty doing so, and so we think our passions are hide to find. They’re not. They are usually right in front of us, but we simply fail to see them. In Episode 38 of The Loveable Podcast, we will move you one step closer to seeing them, with five familiar questions…
Here are just a few of the takeaways from this week’s episode:
- Pursuing your passion may not involve a huge overhaul of your life; it may just require a few tiny tweaks. The magnitude of change is probably correlated with the magnitude of the false self you have been living from.
- The false self robs us of our passions by infusing them with too much ambition.
- Discovering our passions is not about arriving at clarity, but gradually increasing our clarity.
- The ultimate barrier to pursuing your passion is inside of you. It is called Resistance. It also goes by another name: Shame.
- Our passions don’t need to be great; they just need to be lived.
- The right action will occur to the relaxed mind.
- When it comes to pursuing our passion, the only way to fail is to not get started at all.
- Our passions wait on us; it is never too late to discover them.
- Maybe our grade school teachers were on to something when they taught us the “Five Ws” of information gathering: who, what, where, when, and why. Who do you want to reach out to? What do you want to do with your life? Where do you want to go? When will you let yourself listen? Why not now?
You can listen below or on iTunes!
[smart_track_player url=”https://media.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/content.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/Loveable038.mp3″ title=”Week 37: When You Think You Don’t Know How to Live” social_linkedin=”true” social_email=”true” tweet_text=”Don’t miss Episode 38 of THE LOVEABLE PODCAST!” hashtag=”LoveableTheBook” twitter_username=”DrKellyFlanagan” ]
Connect with Kelly
Dr. Kelly Flanagan is a psychologist, author, consultant, and speaker who enjoys walking with people through the three essentials of a truly satisfying life: worthiness, belonging, and purpose. His blog writings have been featured in Reader’s Digest, The Huffington Post, The 5 Love Languages, and the TODAY Show. Kelly is the author of Loveable, and his next book, True Companions, will be published in 2021.