“You have a relationship gift. Something you are naturally good at. A way of loving that no one else can do in exactly the way you do it…You can stop being humble about it. You can stop suppressing it and burying it. You can stop being an amateur at it. Own it. Claim it. Inhabit it. You can decide right now, here, today, that you are going to become pro at that particular act of love.”
In Episode 32 of The Loveable Podcast, we uncomplicate love. For a week, put aside all the marriage blogs you’ve read, relationship books you’ve bought, love promises you’ve been made by the experts. Simplify. Focus on practicing one act of love with the people you love, and build your belonging now.
Here are just a few of the takeaways from this week’s episode:
- The successful negotiation of conflicting boundaries is essential for healthy belonging.
- Growth usually follows a painful pause in your life. Be patient. Learn from the pain. Then move forward.
- You are not here to love all people in all ways; you are here to love the people in front of you in the way that you love best.
- There’s a difference between nurturing others and pleasing others. The former is a way of connecting, the latter a way of protecting.
- The mutual willingness to self-examine is essential for true belonging.
- Belonging is not an empire (vast and grand), it is a well (narrow and deep.)
- Being loveable is not a feeling you have within you, it’s a fact that’s always true about you. When you don’t feel loveable, you remain loveable.
You can listen below or on iTunes!
[smart_track_player url=”https://media.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/content.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/Loveable032.mp3″ title=”Week 31: Turning Pro at the Art of Loving” social_linkedin=”true” social_email=”true” tweet_text=”Don’t miss Episode 32 of THE LOVEABLE PODCAST!” hashtag=”LoveableTheBook” twitter_username=”DrKellyFlanagan” ]
In his debut novel, Kelly weaves a page-turning, plot-twisting tale that explores the spiritual depths of identity and relationships, amidst themes of healing, grace, faith, forgiveness, and freedom.
Connect with Kelly
Dr. Kelly Flanagan is a psychologist, author, consultant, and speaker who enjoys walking with people through the three essentials of a truly satisfying life: worthiness, belonging, and purpose. His blog writings have been featured in Reader’s Digest, The Huffington Post, The 5 Love Languages, and the TODAY Show. Kelly is the author of Loveable and True Companions.