“Grace is what happens when someone or Someone sees through our many masks, recognizing and celebrating the innocent little one that still resides beneath all of our disguises…Grace is the assurance that everyone is of equal value and equally worthy, so all you have to do to be loved is show up.”
In Episode 17 of The Loveable Podcast, we focus on naming the masks we wear, and daring to take one of them off.
This week’s episode explores the following topics:
- How the counter-intuitive choice to be uncertain can reduce our stress, decrease our conflict, and increase our self-esteem.
- The importance of building margin into our schedules—room for imperfections and mess to happen—so you can take the time to learn from mess, pain, and disappointment.
- How practicing vulnerability is similar to learning how to drive.
- Why self-acceptance cannot be a group effort and the harm we do to our relationships when we try to make it so.
- How to have grace for yourself when you “relapse” into looking for your worthiness in your relationships, rather than in your self.
- The dangers of successfully wearing a facade or persona.
- Why Halloween is sometimes more grace-full than Christmas.
- What Jesus shows us in the last week of his life about how to find belonging.
- A practice for identifying our masks and removing them.
- A teaser about the next episode entitled, “The One Illusion We Cannot Afford to Believe In.”
You can listen below or on iTunes!
[smart_track_player url=”https://media.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/content.blubrry.com/the_loveable_podcast/Loveable017.mp3″ title=”Week 16: The Fear (and Joy) of Removing the Masks We Wear” social_linkedin=”true” social_email=”true” tweet_text=”Don’t miss Episode 17 of THE LOVEABLE PODCAST!” hashtag=”LoveableTheBook” twitter_username=”DrKellyFlanagan” ]
In his debut novel, Kelly weaves a page-turning, plot-twisting tale that explores the spiritual depths of identity and relationships, amidst themes of healing, grace, faith, forgiveness, and freedom.
Connect with Kelly
Dr. Kelly Flanagan is a psychologist, author, consultant, and speaker who enjoys walking with people through the three essentials of a truly satisfying life: worthiness, belonging, and purpose. His blog writings have been featured in Reader’s Digest, The Huffington Post, The 5 Love Languages, and the TODAY Show. Kelly is the author of Loveable and True Companions.