There are two kinds of loneliness. The first kind is a natural and inevitable part of being human—it exists because you exist. The second kind of loneliness, however, is a loneliness of our own creation. And that’s good news, because if we can create it, we can also uncreate it.
In Episode 20 of The Loveable Podcast, we talk about the thing within us that creates the second type of loneliness, and we begin to explore what we can do about that thing, so that we can finally be together.
This week’s episode explores the following topics:
- Why not distinguishing between our two kinds of loneliness inadvertently makes our shame and loneliness worse.
- Why nonlonely people don’t really exist.
- How to take responsibility for our own role in creating our own unnecessary loneliness.
- A thorough exploration of the false self in each of us, which backfires, creating more loneliness.
- Why compassion for our own false self is the only path toward living from our true self.
- How to minimize loneliness in the midst of depression.
- Why true belonging is built not around perfection but around repair.
- A powerful tip for building belonging in marriage—and it’s simple!
- What healthy emotional boundaries look like.
- A practice that will prepare you to break the habit of protecting that keeps you lonely.
- A teaser about the next episode entitled, “What to Do with Your Walls.”
Continue Reading »