In the words of Frederick Buechner, “Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery it is. In the boredom and pain of it, no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it, because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace.”
In Episode 42 of The Loveable Podcast, we are focused on cultivating a healthy sense of urgency, not by becoming more aware of what we aren’t living, but by becoming increasingly aware of what we are already living, and how precious this one chance life really is…
Here are just a few of the takeaways from this week’s episode:
- Each time you journey through the three acts of your story—worthiness, belonging, and purpose—what you discover about each of them will be different, more challenging, and more rewarding.
- A passion may look like it changes over time because we are in different stages of life that produce different insights about it, but really, as we grow, we just discover new angles on it, and a more complete vision of it.
- Our thoughts usually revolve around a sense of scarcity; our senses usually reconnect us to a sense of abundance.
- Most of us have multiple passions, and at times, they may feel incompatible with each other. That’s okay. Learning how they can co-exist is part of the journey.
- Accomplishment is often incompatible with presence; attention to doing is often incompatible with attention to being.
- Paraphrase of a great quote: “We cannot be grateful for all things; but we can be grateful in all moments.”
- Mindfulness requires patience with oneself; while you learn mindfulness, you also learn patience.
- Oftentimes, “success” is a painkiller in disguise. True success is being connected with one’s true self and living in alignment with it.
You can listen below or on iTunes!
You can leave a comment by clicking here.