“Your time on this big rock is limited, so it is probably a waste of your time to spend it trying to convince people who cannot see the goodness of your heart that it is, indeed, good.”
Finding true belonging is not just about finding people, it is also about letting some people go. In Episode 25 of The Loveable Podcast, we explore the always complicated and often painful process of giving up on belonging with some people, so we can go build it with other people.
Here are just a few of the takeaways from this week’s episode:
- You matter, your needs matter, and even your wants matter.
- Cure is fixing brokenness, while care is abiding in it, and sometimes care is even more healing than cure.
- People who will not embrace your true self are not bad people, but they are bad for you.
- The most painful part of finding true belonging also yields the greatest rewards.
- The people we belong to can’t read our mind, but they do trust our heart.
- The secret to marriage is not the pace of growth, but faith in the desire for it.
- Cultivating true belonging always requires grieving the loss of the belonging we want but will never have.
You can listen below or on iTunes!
You can leave a comment by clicking here.