“Belonging is built on bravery.”
Most of us, when we are looking for someone to belong to—whether in marriage or friendship or anywhere else—look for someone who seems either perfect, or a perfect fit. Neither exist. In Episode 24 of The Loveable Podcast we explore what else we might look for in our relationships. Hint: it has to do with blindspots and brokenness and bravery…
Here are just a few of the takeaways from this week’s episode:
- Finding true belonging is not about total authenticity, but wise authenticity.
- When you understand how the ego works, you can understand how your teenager works.
- You can’t see the true self in anyone else until you have first embraced it within yourself.
- Pursuing and distancing behaviors in relationships are very different-looking methods of anxiety management.
- If you don’t have a growth mindset, it is impossible to find true belonging.
- Ultimately, we hunger for connection, not perfection.
- Marriage is two people working on their own self-becoming, right next to each other, with each other, for a lifetime.
You can listen below or on iTunes!
You can leave a comment by clicking here.