“Every opinion is a story in disguise…Every belief is a story fashioned into a worldview.”
Episode 23 of The Loveable Podcast is all about opinions, opinionated people, and how to go deeper than our opinions in order to form true belonging. We wear our opinions like armor, and this week we’re going to talk about how to take a little more of that armor off, so we can truly connect.
This week’s episode explores the following topics:
- Having patience with ourselves, as our tolerance for vulnerability ebbs and flows.
- A powerful example of how true belonging is built.
- The key principle that guides all graceful boundary setting.
- The difference between having an opinion and wielding an opinion.
- Why debating our opinions is best saved until after discussing our stories.
- A litmus test for true belonging.
- How cultural trends are promoting truer belonging between parents and children.
- The importance of curiosity and surprise when discussing our stories.
- How to believe your opinion is universally true and still cultivate belonging rather than division with it.
- A practice for cultivating storytelling rather than opinion-giving.
You can listen below or on iTunes!
You can leave a comment by clicking here.