“Ann Lamott once wrote, ‘The grace of age is radical self-acceptance.’ Life is messy and we human creatures are messy. Life isn’t about eliminating the mess; it’s about embracing the mess.”
In Episode 16 of The Loveable Podcast, we focus on accepting our messy selves by first accepting the chaos of everyday living. It’s fun and it’s freeing. Come and embrace the mess with us!
This week’s episode addresses the following topics:
- How to de-escalate conflict with vulnerability, and how to be wise about where we invest our risk and vulnerability.
- Why humor reconnects us with our true self.
- How vulnerability about your own mess invites connection, reduces loneliness, and thus heals fear and shame.
- The importance of not comparing your healing journey to anyone else’s.
- A practice for embracing your belovedness in the ordinary moments of everyday life.
- How changes in mommy blogging reflect our decreased exposure in social media to the normal mess of life.
- A redefinition of the concept of mess.
- Permission to feel messy without needing to explain it or fix it.
- More than ten practices for embracing mess with joy and fun.
- A teaser about the next episode entitled, “The Fear (and Joy) of Removing the Masks We Wear.”
You can listen below or on iTunes!
You can leave a comment by clicking here.