“There is a place inside of you where a better voice is telling a better story about you. Let the next chapter of your story be about listening for that voice.” In Episode 11 of The Loveable Podcast, we define shame, describe how it can be recognized in our experience, and explore how the concept of story can become an essential tool for transformation…
This week’s episode includes:
- A conversation about how to recognize the signs that you are growing and healing.
- A parenting discussion about how we accidentally show kids they are not worthy of help, and the importance of humility in parenting and dialogue with our kids.
- How to be peaceful, even when you’re angry, scared, or sad.
- Some helpful ideas for questioning the social narratives that keep us anxious and ashamed.
- The key difference between being “broken” versus “blocked.”
- Ways to recognize both subtle and intense signs that you are feeling shame.
- The importance of sharing your experience of shame with others.
- An exercise you can do that will help you envision a life more free from shame.
- A discussion that cautions us against believing we need to live an “epic” story to be good enough.
- A teaser about the next episode entitled, “Choosing Which Voices to Listen to Around You.”
This is one of the most encouraging and hopeful conversations you’ll hear about shame and healing. You can listen below or on iTunes.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.