“You already are what you are becoming. You don’t build what you are; you chip away at what you are not. We are, each of us, like blocks of wood, and becoming our true self is the gradual process of carving away the excess and steadily becoming more and more the shape of what we already are.”
In Episode 7 of The Loveable Podcast, we talk about how to do so, and it begins with answering three very specific questions…
This week’s episode includes:
- How to respond to the “gap” between who you want to be and who you are (hint: it has to do with grace).
- How to handle relationships with people who are either unable or unwilling to connect with you or accept you for who you are.
- What to do when you’re not quite ready to engage with one of the exercises from this podcast.
- A concrete example of one way I’ve embraced myself by unbecoming who I am not.
- How to know who you belong to (hint: it has to do with grace again).
- A discussion about how to set healthy boundaries.
- Permission for this process to take time.
- All sorts of discussion and resources for navigating relationships between introverts and extroverts.
- A teaser about the next episode entitled, “You Aren’t Your Thoughts (You Are the Observer of Your Thoughts).”
If you struggle with how to be your true self in relationships, and if those struggles have led you to hide valuable parts of yourself away, and if you want to wade into the sometimes messy but ultimately liberating process of becoming your truest, worthiest self in relationships, don’t miss this episode. You can listen below or on iTunes.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.