What is the only thing worse than not getting what you want? Getting what you want. Because after you get what you want, you will probably realize it wasn’t the hoped-for solution to all of your problems. And then what? In Episode 6 of The Loveable Podcast, we talk about our search for a solution that doesn’t exist, letting it go, and then what…
This week’s episode includes:
- A review of last week’s practice, especially the importance of adopting a word or phrase to be mindful of and to anchor us on our journey of becoming.
- Why we search in our relationships and accomplishments for a solution to our shame that does not exist.
- A totally new angle from which to view the creation story in the book of Genesis.
- How to challenge the sense of duty and obligation that might be keeping you from changing old habits and patterns of searching.
- How friends, family, and other places of belonging can hold us accountable for not searching for our worthiness in external activities.
- The value of retelling your life story through the lens of your search for worthiness.
- What will take the place of your search for worthiness, once you have called it off.
- How to deal with regret about all the time you’ve spent searching.
- A teaser about the next episode entitled, “Unbecoming Who We Are Not.”
Several participants in the discussion reported a sense of relief and lightness after having it. I hope you’ll feel the same way after listening to it! You can listen below or on iTunes.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.